RESPECT THE BEAT
#2 in the JOURNEY IN MUSIC documentary series
Click image for TRAILER
"...lively...A good choice for music and multicultural video collections"
American Library Association
for still photos
The philosophy, history, techniques and raison d'etre of
percussion in West Africa, Caribbean, Japan and South India.
Among highlights: Montreal Sunday in the Park Tam-Tam jam session
and the first international Taiko festival in LA The program was shot
on location in Montreal, Mont Tremblant, LA. and Shanghai.
And true to the spirit of the series, RESPECT THE BEAT ends with
a `world beat' set with drums from all the above mentioned turfs.
WITHOUT RESPECT, IT'S NOISE!!!
Un coeur qui battre, c'est tambour!
RESPECT THE BEAT is a self-contained program, second in the
JOURNEY IN MUSIC series, which focuses on the primal elements of our
organic musical heritage.
Click icon for more
52 min. BetaSP, Stereo,
RESPECT THE BEAT - original English
SAISIR LE "BEAT" - original French version
CAST & CREW:
- Senegal, Carribean, Arabic hand
drums- Michel Seguin and friends
- Japanese drums- Arashi Daiko
- South Indian drums- Ganesh
- Director of Photography Michael
- Sound Michel Zabitsky
- Editor Marlene Millar
- Host and Research Janet Lumb
- Assistant to Director Melissa
Conceptualized, Produced and directed by
- Canadian Independent Film & Video Fund
- Gouvernement du Quebec ( Tax Credits Program )
- Gouvernement du Canada ( Tax Credits Program )